The Olympics are approaching and many fans take the opportunity to fly to London for some sports, and also eat without possibly spending too much. In case you’re among those who like to taste the local flavors, here’s a list of 9 best places to try:
- Anna Mae’s Smokehouse: Here you will find Southern-style street food, sandwich with smoked pork, sauces galore, and onion served with a bowl of vegetables. You can find it at 75 Chamberlayne Road, NW10
- Eat My Pies: The typical British cuisine with the legendary custard tarts and pies filled with meat and Scottish smoked eggs. On Thursday and Friday, they will be at the White Cross Market. On Saturday, they will be at the Broadway Market in Hackney.
- Jamon Jamon: Paella Valenciana and traditional Fryella, the paella with English breakfast, eggs, bacon and beans. It is located behind the Royal Festival Hall, Southbank and W11 Portobello Road market.
- Kimchi Cult : Suitable for lovers of oriental flavors, with its Korean-fusion-style burgers (kimchi is a typical mix of pickled vegetables and spices).
- Lucky Chip: A 50s style American diner, where you can taste fried potatoes, burgers with dripping cheese, wasabi mayonnaise and chili. Want more? You can find them on Saturday at Netil market in Westgate Street, London Fields, E8.
- Nicolas Crêperie : Air France with organic flour cakes and all the traditional crepe. It is located at the Real Food Market.
- Churros Garcia: All the reams of donuts served hot with sugar and cinnamon, or dipped in Spanish dark chocolate sauce. Find them at the Broadway Market, the Real Food Market and Portobello Market.
- Well Kneaded Wagon: The alternative to pizza. The dough is stuffed with vegetables and cheese to taste. It also includes sweet apples, cinnamon and nuts. This is located at Battersea High Street SW11 market.
- Yum Bun: Roast pork sandwiches served on rice with oriental sauces and cucumber, as well as a series of Asian-style soups and broths. This is also suitable for vegetarians. This can be found at the Broadway Market, London, E8, as well as at King’s Cross St Pancras between N1C Road and Goods Way.