If you are traveling in Argentina and want to take some memories back home, there are certain craft items that you should keep in mind because they mostly represents the country.
– Mates: come in all colors, sizes and materials. Mate is an infusion feature Argentina, and is therefore also one of the most typical handicrafts.
– Football Shirts: The national sport. One of the best things you can give to someone is the official shirt of one of the major football teams in the world – the blue and white National Team jersey.
– Leather clothing: Argentina is one of the leading exporters of authentic, high quality leather clothing. However, prices are not always cheap (though most agree that businesses pay in installments with major credit cards ). If you’re on a budget, you can choose accessories like key chains or belts, which are also made of best leather craft.
– Food: Canned vinegar, spices and homemade sweets are characteristic of each region and are among the most sought handicrafts in the country. Also, foods such as dulce de leche and yerba mate are also required by visitors.
– Musical Instruments: If you travel through northwest Argentina you will find plenty of flutes, reed pipes, and other instruments like sikus craft, gift ideal for carrying and remembering the sweet sounds of regional music.
– Other: Of course, you will find thumbnails of the Obelisk, postcards, prints, paintings, sculptures, textiles and many other crafts typical of Argentina. It all depends on your taste.
The best place to buy these and other crafts is the Florida Street in Buenos Aires. Florida Street is a downtown street where any means of payment such as credit cards, checks, or cash (local or foreign currency in most cases) are accepted. As much as they offer discounts, do not buy from street vendors in the city, because they are illegal and result in unfair competition for retailers.
Elsewhere in the country, it is best to go to a craft fair but, yes, you can only pay cash because the positions of the fairs do not accept cards (credit or debit).