Fuji, A Symbol of Japan

Also known by the Japanese themselves as the Fuji San, the Fuji is one of the most universal images of Japan. It is located in a nature reserve next to  Mount Hakone and the Izu Peninsula. Its origin, according to legend, it was suddenly born in land on a warm June night in the year 286 BC .

Between December of the year 1707 and January of 1708 was its last eruption. After that, there was no eruptive life. Since then, it has been one of the greatest symbols of the country.

Japan is a country in which even the 75% of the total area is occupied by huge mountain ranges and volcanoes . The characteristic silhouette of Mount Fuji is different from the rest of the topographic features of Japan. With 3,776 meters of altitude, it is the highest mountain in Japan.

Its top cropped with snow, and slopes covered in forests with a melting pot of colors, have been an inspiration to many Japanese painters and poets.

Japan is an island nation in the Far East which consists of a long archipelago that stretches north-south front of the Asian coast of the Pacific. There are four major islands that comprise it: Hokkaido , Honshu , Shikoku and Kyushu, which represent 97% of its land area. The remaining 3% is completed by a thousand small islands.

Japan is considered as a land of volcanoes , because the country has more than 200 volcanoes, about 50 of which are still active .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *